Half Roll Back with the FLX Ball
Posted on 05 January 2015
- Sit with legs bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Place the FLX Ball at your lower back with arms straight out in front of you.
- Tuck your pelvis under and roll back so that you are in a c-curve.
- Scoop the abs in and up and feel as if your navel is pressing into the ball.
- Inhale and roll up slightly, maintaining contact with the ball.
- Exhale and roll back to your c-curve.
- Pause and repeat.
- Remember your head completes the curve and is always rounded forward gazing in at your navel.
- Keep the feet pressed firmly into the floor an active press through the big toe.
Need to modify? Hold the back of your thighs for the duration of the exercise.
Dancer Focus! Increased abdominal strength helps to stabilize the core and can assist in improving turns and balance.Focus on engaging the abdominals to return the body front and this can greatly help to hold the leg to the front at increased heights.